Guest Book & Press
Here are some of our guest book entries and press quotes with links to the full article where available.
From the Visitors Book
- What does one say that has not filled the previous 40 pages? Dreadful food, awful company, freezing studio, uncomfortable beds – can’t wait until we come again next year. Thanks everyone. J&EB, R&EG Brookland. Booked again for 2015.
- Thank you so much for a most wonderful stay. Your entertaining company, ambience, fabulous food, wine, great surroundings. Can’t wait to get back for my next painting holiday. Keep it going until I get back. CW Australia.
- Many thanks for making this such a great week. Great food, painting & French. D&JJ, Exeter.
- Wonderful to be back here at L’Age Baston – another great week of fun and laughter in the kitchen – I will read the recipes right through before I start!!! J had an excellent week in the painting classes with many thanks to Anne. Thanks to you all at L’Age Baston Hayley, Aidan and especially John and Alex for their great company! J&TC London. Booked again for 2015.
- Have done this style of Painting holiday before – but L’Age Baston does it par excellence! Everything wonderful – accommodation, hospitality, food and tuition. No sun this week – but John and Alex would have provided it if they could! GP Edinburgh. Booked again for 2015.
- What a wonderful week! Thank you so much. It marks the beginning of a new era for me. RH Taunton. Booked again for 2015.
- Wonderful château to stay, eat, enjoy, paint. Great company, great fun and a great teacher (Anne). All created by John & Alex. Many thanks. JR Buckingham. Booked again for 2015.
- What a wonderful oasis in a world of madness. Quite magical. My thanks to Alex and John, the perfect hosts! I will leave with angels in my paint brush! GS New Zealand.
- Does what it says on the tin – excellent tuition (French & Art), hospitality, food and company. Bravo! L&PC Winchester.
- Lessons & Laughter, fabulous food, laughter, lovely new friends, laughter – L’Age Baston is such a lovely island retreat. So glad we came! HD &FC USA.
- One of the most wonderful times I have ever had. Thank you, thank you. LW Salcombe.
- After 9 visits I’m running out of superlatives! Hope to make it 10! LA Devon. Booked again for 2015.
- Best week ever! Laughs, good food, good company – see you next year? KG Salcombe.
- By Jove, you’ve got it! S&BP, Devon.
- Many thanks for another wonderful week, wonderful food, company and weather and my Birthday party on the terrace was totally unexpected and truly amazing; much appreciated. SF Holberton
- Why haven’t we found you before now. A brilliant week”. RMN Bath. Booked again for 2015.
- A beautiful house and location. Wonderful hosts and food. Lots of fun painting with Jenny and all the interesting people. CS, Stroud.
- Lovely 2 weeks. Gracious Hosts, Delightful fellow guests. Superb Art tutor, Jenny. Couldn’t be better. MS California.
- Lovely week. I shall leave speaking better French, exhausted and considerably fatter than when I arrived. So a year of diet and exercise awaits prior to my warned return!! Thank you. AM Hindhead.
- “Learn something new on holiday” – This appeared in the Travel section of the Daily Telegraph.”
Daily Telegraph Review 01/01/2011 – Read Daily Telegraph Review
- “Here is an unsolicited entry into Trip Advisor – a world-wide travel advisory site – that gladdens the heart.”
Trip Advisor Review 09/06/10 – Read Trip Advisor Review
- “The very best painting holiday ever”
Cherry Lyons Artists & Illustrators 21/10/09 – View Press PDF
- “The good thing about Château L’Age Baston is that one partner can learn French while the other does cookery, walking, painting or nothing. Choose from the more casual Francophile course, intensive, or one-to-one tuition, all taught by native French speakers.”
Guardian Travel Feature 01/12/07 – Read Guardian Travel Feature
- “L’age Baston falls to the English”
Charente Libre 10/10/1989 – View Press PDF